Happy Holi...Hazards

tree.jpg
Happy Holi…Hazards

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The lights are up in the neighborhood, presents nestled under the beautifully decorated trees, and the chimneys are a smokin’. The scents of pine and cinnamon apple pie are illuminating through our warm homes.

With the cozy vibes of the holidays, also comes serious hazards. A few things to be aware of this holiday season:

  • If you are like me, you absolutely love a fireplace during the winter. Make sure to clean your chimney at the beginning of the season. Also, it is wise to have a glass or wire shield in front of the fire to prohibit sparks from flying out of the fire… and on to your beautifully wrapped presents.

  • For anyone who has a live tree: make sure to keep it watered.When trees go thirsty, they catch fire much faster.

  • When lighting your tree, mantle or your home, check your string lights for any frayed wires. Make sure to turn lights off when leaving the house or going to bed

  • Plug space heater directly into its own socket. Do not plug in to a full powerstrip.

  • Be careful with candle placement. Flameless candles are a great option if you have little ones running the house.

Think smart and be safe during this holiday season!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts